2. What features are new to the ASQ:SE-2?
The ASQ:SE-2 makes it easier
than ever to pinpoint behaviors of concern and identify any need for further
assessment. The second edition has these new features:
- 2 month questionnaire to screen infants as young as 1 month
- Expanded age range so you can screen children from 1–72 months
- New data and cutoffs based on updated research on more than 14,000 diverse children
- Monitoring zone that clearly identifies children close to the cutoff
- Quick Start Guide to help users implement ASQ:SE-2 accurately and effectively
- New behavior and communication items designed to elicit parent concerns that may point to autism and early communication issues
- Refined Spanish translation that was reviewed by a panel of Spanish-speaking experts in in the early childhood and communication fields.
- Sturdy, convenient box with handle for easy portability and updated questionnaire design to parallel ASQ-3.
- New family engagement materials including the What is ASQ:SE-2? handout for parents, Parent Conference sheet, and updated activities to promote family involvement.